- Offspring babywear is carefully designed to allow for shrinkage and will fit comfortably on your baby after washing
- Our products are guaranteed not to shrink significantly in length and width
- Offspring conducts extensive fit tests to improve styling and achieve the right fit
- Our garments are made with generous diaper allowance and there's plenty of added room in the foot area
- A pre-shrunk garment offers the benefit of having already gone through the shrinkage that normally occurs with the first washing
- By law and for the safety of your baby, all sleepwear above size 9 months must be either flame retardant or very snug fitting
Since you will now be devoting a major portion of your life to doing laundry, here are some suggestions to make it easier:
- For extra comfort, wash all babywear before it's worn.
- While soap products are ideal for delicates, you should continue using detergents for polyester. Detergents will not affect the flame-resistant properties of polyester sleepwear fabric.
- Before throwing clothes in the washer, always read the care label.
- Turn garments inside out to keep them from pilling.
- Zip all zippers and snap all snaps.
- To avoid spot bleaching, add detergent and agitate before putting clothes in the washer. If you need to put the clothes in before the detergent and/or bleach, be sure that all garments are completely immersed.
- Always dry on a low heat setting. High heat increases shrinkage in natural fibers.
- Always dry velour in a dryer to maintain its even, soft surface.
Hints For Stain Removal:
- Stains are a sure thing with any baby. To win this battle, follow these easy tips:
- Treat every stain as quickly as possible. Don’t allow it to dry.
- For removal of a spot stain, test an inconspicuous area of the garment.
- Blot stained area with a paper towel or washcloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Rinse thoroughly.
- Wash using detergents recommended for babywear and prewashes containing enzymes.
- If applying detergent to a stain, avoid the use of powdered products with blue granules.
- Don't use bleach on non-colorfast garments. Non-chlorine bleach may be used as needed unless otherwise stated in washing instructions.
- Dilute any bleach before using.
- Don't mix acids, ammonia or vinegar with bleach.
- Don't dry the garment until you are satisfied that the stain is out; heat can set the stain.